Homepage

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mixed Media Project

Made this project on canvas using a variety of items, Gesso, and spray paint.
This is the first time I ever used Gesso...I need practice :(    
I ended up with several cracks in it.

Here is a picture of the items I glued onto my canvas:
Here is a picture with the Gesso applied to it:
I then sprayed it with the ink colors - Summer Sky, Angel Pink, & Dandelion.
After it all dried I printed out the Scripture Psalm 126:2     I sprayed it with the Angel Pink color and then attached it.
Here is the final project:

9 comments:

  1. When I saw your first picture, I wondered where in the world you were going with this, but it turned out great! I think the cracks add a lot of character, so don't fret about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with the gesso. Different brands have different effects, but I like the cracks. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cracks definitely add to this. Love the before and the after.
    Very cool piece.
    Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...very nice for your first time using gesso! The colors and textures are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the texture the cracks add! Pretty project! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a very unique technique...love how it turned out. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun mixed media project. Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a fun and cool mixed media project. Thanks so much for joining SEM March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete